Friday, May 1, 2009

Feed the Birds


I got a bird feeder for Mother's Day last year and I've always filled it with "cheap" birdseed from Lowes. I'd heard that if I wanted to attract a "higher class of birds" I had to provide a "higher class of food." So, last week I splurged at a local feed store and bought birdseed designed to attract Cardinals. While it has attracted some new species of birds (a lot of Finches), it also seems to attract the "usual suspects" including a large squirrel. Well, today while we were watching out the window and all the birds enjoying the food a bird that looked a lot like this one swooped by the window. This is a Yellow Grosbeak. It is actually a member of the Cardinal family. It was so cool! It seemed like it was just checking out the potential new food source. I hope it comes back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment